Devils Corp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where we need to gop

Go down

Where we need to gop Empty Where we need to gop

Post  Thomas DC Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

Devils,

We are the talk of Alpha. At worst, we are the fifth best guild in Alpha...and I think we can take U3. Smile

That said, we are miles behind AFS, GULHA and DBHD. And it is not because of their number of bigs. If we had ten more level 1000s, they'd still clean us up. It is because we have to many people with health below 5000. This has been a PVP build guild and it has paid off. I am the only member of the guild that can't regularly hit people 150 levels above him. That has come at the cost of Health, Stamina and Energy. The fact is, you can't build everything at once. But, as a guild we need to really start building health. Here's why.

We can already hit almost everyone. And we have shown we have the firepower to drop almost any tower in Alpha. But if each person raised their health by 20 per month, that would equate to 200 additional health per person in battle, or 20,000 health points for the whole guild. If each person had that extra 200 health, it means they last longer in battle, allowing:
More time to attack our opponents
More opportunities to rez towers.
Less need for clerics to make defensive heals, rather than offensive strikes.
More guild coins

We are going to "require" new recruits to have 5,000 health. That is our goal for everyone in the guild. I have been playing Anomander lately as a cleric, and I can tell you that when I see someone with 2000 health points who is low, and a person with 5000 health points who is low, I generally favor healing the person with high health. The reason is that the high health person has put the right amount of effort into building this key stat. And, lets be clear. In this new era of runes, health is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT.

Look no further than how our Mage Rage works. We bring down entire towers in 3 minutes with MAGE SPLASH. Not full rune damage, but SPLASH. If we want to keep playing with the big boys, we need to start building this stat aggressively and soon.

So, here are things you can do that won't cost you too many skill points:
1) Pray to Aurora the first 10 days of every month, especially on double demi blessing days, Friday and Saturday.
2) Do your Demi Quests.
3) Do sub-quests, using Sano. Level him up if you are sitting on crystals.
4) If you have the energy, excavate health essence and attach the rune to your gear. If you haven't gotten the Bone Helm yet, get it immediately. I wear it even though I have the Mandible Crown, because it has a slot for defensive runes.
5) I always assign one skill point to health every time I level. This is up to you, since you can do what you want with your characters, but it is helpful.
6) If you are a warrior, enter battle with Oberon. That gives you +250 battle health at lvl 4. And if you level him up to 15, he gives 580 battle health.

Remember, every token that our opponents have to use on you is one they can't use on another Devil. I can't stress enough how important building our health will be if we want to get to the next level.

Thanks Devils!!

Thomas

Thomas DC

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum